Well, I wasn’t initially planning on any more beta releases, but here we are anyway. A couple of unpleasant bugs fixed with ASCOM mount control (which will teach me that developing against the EQMOD simulator can only get you so far) and a few other issues cleaned up too. Still working on getting the focus score routines to work as well as possible – this time adding a manual black level control that helps exclude the background from the calculation and gives a much better result. ASCOM cameras have also had some work, re-factoring their code to use more of the common support framework used by other cameras and therefore hopefully be easier to maintain and have more features too.
- Major update to ASCOM camera support – add temperature controls and improve many other aspects
- Add black level adjustment to FWHM and constrast detection focus algorithms – improved accuracy
- Bug fixes and improvements to ASCOM mount support
- Fix bugs relating to ASCOM Focusers
- Fix a number of UI bugs
- Update ZWO SDK to latest version.
As usual, builds can be downloaded from the Downloads Page. Earlier beta builds will also offer this build as an auto-update.