The 32-bit version is the best choice for most people.
Reasons you might want to use the 64-bit version instead:
- You are using a high resolution camera (>10 megapixels) and are experiencing errors with SharpCap running out of memory while Live Stacking
Reasons that you might not be able to use the 64-bit version:
- You have a 32 bit version of Windows or 4Gb or less of memory
- You are intending to use a StarlightXpress or iNova camera (not supported in 64 bit)
- You have an old or low power CPU that does not support the AVX instruction set
- You are using an ASCOM camera or ASCOM hardware that does not have a 64-bit driver.