SharpCap 1.99.404 Beta is now available. This is the first beta release of what will become SharpCap 2.0.
It's all been quiet on the SharpCap front for quite a while now as I've had other things occupying my time. I was also hoping to build a new, Ribbon based, UI for SharpCap 2. Unfortunately I wasn't making much progress with the new UI, so I have now decided to keep the existing UI for the 2.0 version. I've kept a lot of the changes that will help me build a new UI in some future version though.
So, what's new in this build?
* Filter wheel support (ASCOM compatible wheels)
* Automatically select highest resolution on camera initialization
* Remove old DirectShow code
* Build on Microsoft .NET framework 4.0
* Fix a number of minor bugs
* Install as a separate product to v1.5 - that means you can install both versions side-by-side
Anyway, please remember that this is Beta software, so try it out before you use it on a clear night!
The new version can be downloaded here.